There is nothing better than finally having some much needed time off from work, studies, or just generally a break from your usual day-to-day life and while I am a housewife and many think I have all the time in the world to do everything that needs to be done and still have tons of spare time, housework and cooking can become time-consuming and I also have a blog and I am studying towards a qualification and trying to keep up with personal development on a daily basis. With that said, there are hobbies of mine that I usually indulge in now and then, it’s usually things that I don’t always have time to do on a daily basis but when I do, I allow it to consume a large amount of my time.
- Knitting. Around the end of last year, I purchased a whole bunch of wool and knitting needles and I started knitting a blanket. For me, this is a seasonal habit because the last thing I want to be touching me during a hot summers day is a warm fuzzy blanket. I even learnt a new stitch for my new blanket and now that winter is upon us yet again, the habit is something I can do while binge watching all of my favourite shows so it’s a win-win situation for everyone.
- Reading. For now, this has unfortunately become a hobby and with all of the exams I have coming up later this month, I am looking forward to spending a large part of December under a blanket, with a huge cup of coffee, some delicious snacks and all of the books I plan to buy and the books I already own but haven’t had the time to read, or to read as in depth as much as I would have liked to.
- Adult Colouring. Well, colouring in is colouring in, just because the designs are a lot more intricate in these so-called adult colouring books or you get to colour in with felt tip pens and it is definitely a favourite hobby of mine to do when I want to relax and unwind or just to clear my mind.
- Baking. When I was living in South Africa, I loved baking and especially experimenting with icing and using different colours and flavours. There is not much that is better than a warm scone with melting butter or some strawberry jam or even sharing a tasty cupcake with unicorn coloured icing with a loved one.
- Learning A New Language. This is one hobby I plan on adding to my favourite things to do when I have time to add additional activities especially once I go back to work early next year. I hope to pick up where I left off with French lessons and maybe add a few other languages to the list.
What are hobbies that you enjoy in your spare time or when you need some time off from your usual schedule? I am always looking for new and interesting things to try out.
-The Uninspired Blogger