There is nothing like a good playlist to get through those menial tasks like cleaning up the house, decluttering, or even washing the dishes. There is always new music being released but sometimes there is nothing as good as a golden oldie. These are my top 10 songs on my playlist and why they are on my playlist.
- Selena Gomez ‘Lose You To Love Me’ – This is one of her new singles recently released and the words are absolutely amazing. I have never been through something like that but the raw emotion in the song makes it one of my top songs at the moment. (I also enjoy belting it out in the car on the way to the shop)
- Selena Gomez ‘Look At Her Now’ – The second of her two singles released recently, this one is what they call a bop. It is my favourite feel good song and I currently have it on repeat! Also, is it insane that both these music videos were shot on the new iPhone? If you haven’t seen the music videos do yourself a favour and go and check it out!
- Chris Brown ‘Forever’ – We recently watched The Office and if you felt nothing during Jim and Pams wedding then you have no heart! We loved that episode so much that we wished we had watched it earlier so that we could have had something similar for our wedding.
- Usher ‘Crash’ – I often end up going down memory lane on YouTube and I came across this song by Usher that used to be my favourite when it was first released. With so much new music always being released, it is nice to rediscover old favourites!
- Ed Sheeran ‘Beautiful People’ (Ft Khalid) – I came across this song on YouTube and I was in love. It was a song released by two of my favourite artists and it spoke to me as someone who has always tried to fit in and putting myself in situations with people where I don’t feel like myself. The music video is amazing and it is now my theme song!
- Keala Settle ‘This is me’ – I first heard this song on America’s Got Talent and it made me feel things I never thought a song could make you feel. When I first came across this song, I was depressed and felt completely worthless. This song made me feel like I mattered (As corny and as sad as that sounds, it is true!)
- Ariana Grande ‘7 Rings’ – Yes, this is still on my playlists. Whenever I stop feeling like I am capable of succeeding, this is the song I go to. While I am not materialistic and my definition of success is factored around happiness and being a good person, but it is always nice to be able to walk into a shop and see something you like and not have to worry about the price tag. (P.S. I am not a name brand person but there are some items of clothing that are just ridiculously expensive!)
- Normani ‘Motivation’ – This is a song that is good for any kind of playlist. This is definitely in my workout playlists and the beat helps me get through any task I need to do. My goal is to one day learn the dance to this song… Let me know if I am alone in this or if you or someone you know feels this way too!
- Rudimental ‘Something About You’ – I discovered this song once again on YouTube. The music video was the best I have seen in a long time. If you haven’t heard this song yet, please go and give it a listen, you will not regret it!
- Kaskade ‘With You’ (Ft Meghan Trainor) – Another one of my YouTube finds, this song was on repeat for a long time and I still love it to this day!
- Rita Ora – Let You Love Me
- Tove Lo – Talking Body
- Lizzo – Truth Hurts
- Lauv – I Like Me Better
- Ariana Grande – Don’t Call Me Angel (Ft Miley Cyrus and Lana Del Ray)
- Imagine Dragons – Boomerang
- Jack Garratt – Surprise Yourself
- Camila Cabello – Never Be The Same
- Liam Payne – Bedroom Floor
- Celine Dion – Ashes
Another thing I enjoy doing is finding other playlists on spotify. For example, I follow The Rock (Dwayne Johnson for those who aren’t wrestling fans) playlist on spotify and he has a very different taste in music to what I have but sometimes a change is as good as a holiday!
These aren’t the only songs on my playlist, I have a whole lot of music and sometimes I am in a shuffle all mood.
Let me know which of these are your favourite and what’s on your playlist! I am always open to listening to new music! Drop the suggestions in the comment box below!
-The Uninspired Blogger